This study has been designed jointly by the following researchers:
- Associate Professor Natalie Walker, National Institute for Health Innovation, University of Auckland
- Dr David Newcombe, Social and Community Health, University of Auckland;
- Dr Rhys Jones, Te Kupenga Hauora Māori, University of Auckland
- Varsha Parag, National Institute for Health Innovation, University of Auckland
- Dr Susanna Galea-Singer, Waitemata District Health Board.
- Professor Patrick Dulin, University of Alaska, USA
The ‘Step Away’ study is funded by a research grant from the Health Research Council of New Zealand (17/538). The study has been approved by the Southern Health and Disability Ethics Committee (17/STH/94).